1. Unless something changes in the next 12 hours, I am not in the midst of a 26-day cycle. Not particularly conclusive as far as what I *am* in the midst of, but it's a start. Non-pregnant cycles since I stopped bcp last October have been 25-31 days.
2. What once was broken is now whole. Yeah, I'm just talking about my coverline. But it does make things feel a little more definite. 9dpo--are we there yet?
And now, about the tea. If you/I thought I was going overboard with the coupla cupsa double-bag raspberry leaf per day, we simply lacked perspective. As I mentioned yesterday, I went to an acupuncturist last afternoon. This guy,
whom we'll call Dr. Chinatown, as he is, in fact, an M.D., has been written up as a pretty significant baby-conjurer. N saw him several years back for a sports injury, and so called to get me an appointment. Dr. C was super cute and very nice, and prescribed some pills, tea, and twice- to thrice-weekly needlings through week 16 of an eventual pregnancy. He's open until 7 during the week and during the day on the weekends, and so this ought to be doable. That tea, on the other hand. Yowsa. It looks fairly innocuous, right? Twice a day, one packet of herbs with 3-4 oz hot water. Add honey if desired. Stir, wait for it to cool enough, and drink everything. Sounds reasonable, but that stuff tastes like ARSE! Soooo bitter. Especially the tar at the bottom. I'm going back for more poking tomorrow and am going to see whether I'm allowed to add more water so it's a little less powerful. Dr. C also said I should drink one glass of whole milk a day until I get pregnant. That's pretty antithetical too all my usual liquid dairy choices, but I'm going to seek out a Lactaid version and get to it. And also ask whether it's okay to add the milk to my coffee and put it on my cereal, rather than just downing it straight. I hadn't initially thought that we would pursue acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine as our next step, rather than IUI or injectables, but I'm very comfortable with the idea. I like that we're taking action, without its falling under the heading of Things for Which We Are Not Yet Ready.And now, to send you off into the weekend, two more reconstructed post-Yogi teabag tab-isms:
- You never have to prove your strength. Saweet!
- Speak if you want your wish fulfilled. Oh yeah? Will do.
No comments:
Post a Comment