So I went in this morning for my follow-up beta-hCG test. As I've mentioned, the level is supposed to double every 2-3 days, and mine was at 540 mIU/ml on Thursday afternoon. And this morning's number was...998 mIU/ml. Seems like a good shift between Thursday afternoon and this morning, and Dr. S was happy with it. And, as I cryptically said in my Facebook status above, I could have gotten into college with a 998 on my SAT--back when the total score was out of 1600. Maybe not a super-elite, competitive school, but I would have gotten a totally legit education. So at any rate, things seem positive. Going for more blood tests on Mondayish, and then seeing the doc again soon after, and an ultrasound will be fairly soon to follow, so...hopefully things will continue to progress! I'll even share my other pics with you soon.In other news, it seems that the best way to mask all this is to refer to the situation as a "lady parts issue." I had to miss lunch on Thursday with friends who were in from out of town because the doctor could only see me at 12:15, and when N went to meet them, he said that I had to see a doctor for a "lady parts issue," and--presto!--no more questions asked. I also ended up not hanging out with another friend Thursday afternoon, when I was trying to take it easy and not run around too much. He asked me yesterday how I was feeling, and what was going on. I say "lady parts issue," and immediately it's: "ah, say no more." The best part is, it's true! This is, among other things, most definitely a lady parts issue. I do like not lying when I can avoid it.
No comments:
Post a Comment